How Do I Fix CenturyLink Internet Disconnection?
It is quite hard to imagine life without the internet anymore. This fact has been solidified especially due to the pandemic. Where we only needed the internet for entertainment before, now we can work and communicate with everyone thanks to it. So, when there is an interruption in the internet connection, it can be quite a nuisance. Your work gets delayed, you can’t attend your online school, and you can’t watch a movie to chase away the boredom. This can get very problematic and could even cost you your grades and more.
If you are a user of CenturyLink, then you’ve come to the right place as we will be discussing how to fix your CenturyLink Internet, should you face any issues or interruptions. Furthermore, we will also be discussing the CenturyLink Internet plans and bundles that are worth your money. So, without any more delays, let’s begin our article.
Why does my Internet lose connection?
Before we discuss ways to troubleshoot and fix your internet connection, let’s dive into the reasons why your internet is losing connection in the first place. There are a handful of reasons for this:
- Weak signals – The problem could lie within the signal strength of your Wi-Fi. Sometimes, the Wi-Fi signals can weaken, and if you are far enough from the modem or router, this can cause your internet to be slow and not work altogether.
- Overloaded network – If there are too many devices connected to the internet, this can cause an overloaded network, which causes your internet to lose connection. Usually, this happens when you exceed the capacity of connected devices to the same network. If you have signed up for an internet plan that is limited to 4-5 devices, and you connect more than 5 devices, the internet will not only slow down, but it can even stop working.
- Wireless Interference – If there are several Wi-Fi hotspots in one place, they can cause overlapping and interrupt your Wi-Fi signals, just like how it is with microwaves, Bluetooth devices, and other electronic devices.
- Networking software issues – Outdated and incompatible devices can cause problems with your Wi-Fi connections like outdated modems and routers or incompatible drivers.
- Router/modem issues or equipment issues – Faulty equipment, router, and/or modem is not uncommon and can cause multiple issues. This will cause your internet to slow down or stop working as well.
- CenturyLink issues – Sometimes, the issue could lie with the service provider or the network rather than with your equipment. The reason for internet disconnection, in this case, could be a maintenance issue, an outage, or anything along those lines.
- Loose connection – You could be facing a connection or internet issue because of a loose wire or connection.
- Signal Blockage – Items in and around your home can tend to cause a blockage of the Wi-Fi signals. The walls, doors, and any other big household item can be a blocker of the Wi-Fi signals.
How can I troubleshoot CenturyLink Internet?
Once you’ve identified the problem with the Wi-Fi and the reason for the disconnection of the internet, the next thing to do is to fix it. Some problems you can fix by yourself, while for others, you will need to call in a professional from CenturyLink, preferably. Here, we will give you the method for solving the problem on your own.
- Check for outages – The first thing you should do is check for any CenturyLink outages in your area. Usually, you will it on their official Twitter account if there are any outages, but you can also find it on other websites if you search it on Google.
- Disconnect and reconnect your devices – If there is no outage in your area, you should manually disconnect and then reconnect your devices to the internet to see if the problem has been solved.
- Try moving closer to the modem and/or router – Oftentimes, the distance between the modem and your device is the cause of the slow internet. To confirm if this is the case, check the speed of the internet while sitting close to the modem or router. If the speed becomes faster, then the problem is solved! Otherwise, if the problem remains, then the problem lies in something else.
- Restart the modem and/or router – Restarting the modem and/or router means rebooting them. This clears the network or any underlying issues within the devices and the internet connection is fine again. If not, the problem was something else.
- Check for interference from any device close-by – Like mentioned above, some devices can cause interference with the Wi-Fi signal due to their close proximity or high coverage range. To begin with, you should avoid keeping any such device in close range to the modem and /or router and if you are facing that problem due to the high coverage of another router, you should figure out a solution for that by asking your support agent.
- Update network drivers and firmware – Outdated drivers and incompatible equipment can all be avoided by regularly updating your devices and making sure you have the latest technology for the equipment.
What does CenturyLink offer in its Internet plans?
For your information, we have attached the Internet plans that CenturyLink is offering along with the speeds and conditions for it. To find out more about these plans and which plan is suitable for how many devices, it would be better if you consult with the support agent and take their advice.
|Internet Plan||Internet Speeds||Data Allowance||Pricing||Conditions|
|CenturyLink Internet||15 – 20 Mbps||Unlimited||$50/mo.||Paperless billing or prepay is requiredSpeed availability subject to locationAdditional taxes, fees, and surcharges will apply|
|CenturyLink Internet||40 – 100 Mbps||Unlimited||$50/mo.||Paperless billing or prepay is requiredSpeed availability subject to locationAdditional taxes, fees, and surcharges will apply|
|CenturyLink Fiber Gigabit||Up to 940 Mbps||Unlimited||$65/mo.||Paperless billing or prepay is requiredSpeed availability subject to locationAdditional taxes, fees, and surcharges will apply|
What do I get in CenturyLink bundles?
CenturyLink bundles include CenturyLink internet + home phone services. While CenturyLink does not offer money-saving bundles, you still get some other benefits along with it. An example of a benefit is one bill for both services.
|Simply Unlimited Internet and Simply Unlimited Phone||$90/mo.||Up to 100 Mbps||Unlimited nationwide calling||Additional taxes, fees, and surcharges will applyRate excluding CTL fees not to exceed $3/mo./line|
|Fiber Gigabit and Simply Unlimited Phone||$105/mo.||Up to 940 Mbps||Unlimited nationwide calling||Additional taxes, fees, and surcharges will applyRate excluding CTL fees not to exceed $3/mo./line|
CenturyLink is one of the top 5 ISPs in the U.S.; it ranks as #4 for the largest fiber internet provider and #3 for the largest DSL internet provider. It is available to households and businesses in 36 states. This is the reason we have chosen CenturyLink for this article and provided the answers to the question of why CenturyLink Internet disconnects and how to fix it.
If you are also a user of CenturyLink Internet and faced an internet connection issue, then this article will no doubt be helpful to you. However, if you are not yet a user of CenturyLink, and are interested in subscribing to one of its plans, you can do so by going to BuyTVInternetPhone and putting your ZIP code to find out which CenturyLink plans are available in your area.